Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2005

one week to go.....

Now the stress kicked in... almost done most what I had to do.. I am quitting my job... putting my phone on hold...so yea can't call me. Also I will use my gmail email account so please write me there. It's boldi.fachet@gmail.com I will use less my shaw email as it's not as functional. I contacted Guyana Georgetown...... interesting they at least know I am coming, woohooo. ------------------ Hi Boldi You can call me Myke Yes I do remember Adam Lippit - very nice young man I had a meeting with AEA yesterday and they are so excited to have you They have 1001 questions and so decided to set up a link with you and Mrs. Monchoir and Mr. Gomes the AEA officers, they have been included in this mail Please feel free drop them a line ref. what they have on their mind and also what you have on your mind Hey let's get the ball rolling! Welcome to Guyana and to VSO !!!!! Looking forward to your arrival Myke -------------- You may remember a previous email from Nadia Larouche that referred to travel documents. Nadia had been informed by our travel agent that we should get a letter from the High Commission of Guyana indicating that you are travelling to Guyana as you have to stay first to Trinadad and Tobago. I believe this advice was given as travellers going to Trinidad and Tobago only are required to have a return or onward ticket. I have spoken over the phone and in person with the staff at the High Commission of Guyana and they felt that this was a very unnessary and odd request. They assured me that as long as you have your valid passport and your ticket to Guyana you will not have an issue. I have also verified the Travel Report section of the Foreign Affairs website and there is no note of such a document, so I believe our travel agent was confussing the requirements with those of travellers going to only Trinidad and Tobago. I will send you a cover note from VSO Canada that will outline your reason for going to Guyana, but I imagine this will even be unnessary. For your medical certificates I received today them signed by Doctor Wise by Fed-Ex and we will send them to you today by courrier. I will send you each a seperate email this afternoon with your tracking numbers. You will need to take your copies of the tests with you along with the medical certificate. It's fine if they are just copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment